Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

''Plays Well Together'': Fabulousness to Download!

Burnside Kid - Dependent Presents ''Plays Well Together''

Free! My favorite price. I was driving home today and this popped up in my playlist. I had forgotten I downloaded it a while back. I looked up, and OMIGOSH! Still free from Amazon. Burnside Kid is not an actual band, which confused me at first. I was thinking this would be a cool superband a la Travelling Wilburies, (who were a family favorite of ours growing up). It would be nice, now wouldn't it? Our favorite Seattle bands getting together and rocking the preschool? Yes!

But, alas, they are not. Well, not on this album, although folks in Seattle can see them perform together on Saturdays at the Mount Baker Community Center, so if you are in that area you might want to check it out between now and April (for tickets call (206) 722-7209 or email Mount Baker). But for those of us not in the Pacific Northwest, you can download the album and swing your hips with your little ones here. Or go to http://www.kindiependent.com/ and download all their albums! 

Our favorite, by far, is "Flapjacks". Recess Monkey is one of the hottest kid's bands these days, and they have a massive collection of hypnotic tunes. Sadly, I was caught singing this one the other day at work. Everyone loves pancakes-- for breakfast, lunch or dinner in this house! And on this single, Recess Monkey has caught the joy of waking up to the smell of syrup and batter and snuck it into your Sirius radio. Yummmmm... I can smell the comfort food now.

"I've got a Goat" is another fun track-- and for sure, your kids'll enjoy the cutesy little animated music video on their website here and then they can run around the house singing it. And then you can get caught in your little cubicle, belting out a song about your pet ant. 



No comments:

Post a Comment